COMMERCIAL LINES ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECTUIVE
The Commercial Lines Assistant Account Executive performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding Account Executive and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Provides technical support to Account Executive(s); including pulling and review of loss runs and experience mod worksheets
- On-Line rating of coverages for all lines of coverage including Business Auto, Work Comp, General Liability, Inland Marine and Umbrella.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed for final review and approval by Account Executive
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Producer(s) according to agency procedures at the direction of the appropriate Account Executive.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Receive, review and help resolve outstanding Loss Control inspections with recommendations after review and discussion with Account Executive(s).
Personal and Organizational Development
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years insurance experience
- Ability to manage multiple Producers
- Advanced Certificate Processing
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty Agents License.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and Microsoft Office processing programs.
- Familiarity with AMS360 and ImageRight
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- High pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties.
Qualified applicants may submiit their resumes to plawlor [at] lrainsurance [dot] com.
We thank you for your interest in our Agency!
LRA Insurance is a family owned and operated agency since 1987. Employees are eligible for health benefits afer 60 days of continued employment and ancillary benefits after 90 days of continued employment in addition to participation in the company Simple IRA with company match. LRA covers most continuing education expenses and supports furthering education through designations and licenses. We also provide in house training on insurance, technical support and personal development. As an active member of the community, LRA supports many local charities year round.