Commercial Lines Account Executive
The Commercial Lines Account Executive performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding Sales Executives and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Provides technical support to Producer(s); specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Schedules appointments with clients as requested by Producer(s).
- Occasionally accompanies Sales Executive on prospect and client meetings as requested by Sales Executive.
- Completes applications in coordination with Sales Executive; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Producer(s) according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Sales Executive(s).
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverage in coordination with Sales Executive(s).
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status according to agency procedures.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other reponsibilities
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Interacts effectively with others by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience
- Ability to manage multiple Producers
- Advanced Certificate Processing
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information and respond appropriately
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Familiarity with computer and Microsoft Office processing programs.
- Familiarity with AMS360 and ImageRight
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Property, Casualty Agents License
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
- High pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties.
Qualified applicants may submit their resumes to vbisbee [at] lrainsurance [dot] com.
We thank you for your interest in our Agency!
LRA Insurance is a family owned and operated agency since 1987. Employees are eligible for health benefits afer 60 days of continued employment and ancillary benefits after 90 days of continued employment in addition to participation in the company Simple IRA with company match. LRA covers most continuing education expenses and supports furthering education through designations and licenses. We also provide in house training on insurance, technical support and personal development. As an active member of the community, LRA supports many local charities year round.